Monday, December 21, 2015

I am back...Congratulations Ms Universe 2015 Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach

After a long time of not writing here...I am back. Just trying this blog again. ---
I haven't really watched Miss Universe 2015 pageant today but I got all updates from my friends in Facebook. It was quite amazing to see that my Facebook account got flooded with all posts about Miss Universe 2015...coming mostly from my friends from the former dormitory I stayed during my college years. These floods didn't really irritate me at all but made me more anxious to know who wins the pageant. I never even have a clue who represented the country. But when I read one post about the delegates who got into the Top 10 and saw Philippines as one of them, it made me nervous. Then it went down to Top 5 where Ms. Philippines was still mentioned in the post. There was even one who correctly predicted who will be in the Top 3 which even made me more nervous. Come to think of it...way back, roughly 16 years ago, I was part of these people who always predict who will win the pageant. My friends from the dorm and I, of course, always wished that Ms. Philippines will get into the finals and eventually winning the title. But to our dismay, it never happened. Now, Year 2015, after 43 years (since the last Filipina who won the Miss Universe title, 1972), our country's delegate won the title...the 3rd Filipina ever to win the Miss Universe title. Having a Filipino (Filipina) win this prestigious pageant means a lot to our countrymen. This only proves that Filipinos are, as per Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach's words, "...confidently beautiful with a heart." I can also add that Ms. Wurtzbach, as a Filipino, isn't just confidently beautiful with a heart, but also confidently beautiful with a heart and a brain. Thank you Ms. Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach for making us, Filipinos, proud again. Congratulations.

No comments: